[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as aClient for VideoLAN server)

Rett Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Tue Aug 5 04:32:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

>No, not yet (I have a new machine on order, the work machine is the 700 P3 Laptop)
>I however do have a brand new 2.8 Ghz P4 workstation with 512 MB of 333Mhz DDR at
>home I just got through building.  I will try it out on that.

Ok - I have made some definate progress.  I figured out the I had missed a patch
that you provided to demuxer.c and demux_rtp.cpp when I rebuilt MPlayer-20030724.  I
also reverted back to the original live.com libs I had been using before.

I found that on my slower machine, (the 700 P3) that I am now getting a stable A/V
stream. Like you mentioned its a little slow, but it is pretty much corruption free
now.  The slow machine also exhibits big sound problems (or total lack thereof) as
time goes on.  a52 CRC check and error at resampling messages.  The slow machine
averages 30-45% CPU when the sound is still running.

On my big machine (2.8 P4 above), the results are much better - stable video and
audio (although it gets progressively further out of sync over time) most of the
time.  Sometimes the video goes into "slow motion" and the sound gets pretty messed
up but this is not very often. CPU usage is around 10-20%.

I looks to me like the code logic is correct now. It just needs some perf
improvements to stabilize the A/V sync and sound.

Thanks and great work so far!!!!  I will be happy to test more patches!

Rett