[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Rett Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Mon Aug 4 21:12:40 CEST 2003

Hi,
>>I am testing with streaming a DVD across a switched Cisco network (are you doing
>>local streaming, ie all on one machine?).
>>
>yes, exactly a dvd on 127.0.0.1 (that makes the load grow even more
>than in your client-server case).
>The reported bitrate was 7.9 Mbps. I could play it without interruptions
>and audio breaks, only a bit slow.

Ok - I am a little confused. I am still having issues with this - I am streaming a
DVD to 127.0.0.1 with VLS, and the video is still pretty badly messed up. So I
decided for the heck of it to upgrade the live.com streaming media libs, and rebuild
mplayer against them and now I get more corruption issues, and lots of messages like
this:

New TS pid=6164
Saw an input frame too large (>=50000). Increase MAX_RTP_FRAME_SIZE in "demux_rtp.cpp".
V: 80.4 69 22% 13% 0.0% 0 0 0%

What version of live.com libs are you using? I was using a version from 6-17
previously with issues, and now I am using one from 7-29 that seems to have more
issues, all with mplayer-20030724. Is there a better version of live.com? I am
using a P3 700 (rh7.3, 512MB RAM, 2.4.18 kernel) machine to do this, are you using
something with more HP?

Thanks for all of your efforts so far, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Rett