[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Aug 3 07:08:03 CEST 2003

>cc -c -O4 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
>-D_REENTRANT
>-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I../loader    -I/usr/include/cdda
>-I/usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include -I/usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/include
>-I/usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/include
>-I/usr/lib/live/groupsock/include -o demux_rtp.o demux_rtp.cpp

Huh?  "demux_rtp.cpp" is a C++ file.  Why are you trying to compile it with
the C compiler?  The Makefile should be doing the right thing (i.e
compiling C++ files with the C++ compiler).  Are you sure you 'configure'd
properly?

         Ross.

ps. In any case, you should be using a more recent CVS version of the code,
so you can use the new "demux_is_multiplexed_rtp_stream()" function, which
tells you whether or not the input RTP stream has audio+video multiplexed
together.