[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] help request for a dvb-input patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 14 19:17:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

> P.S. what is a STFW? I guess it isn't something nice.
search the f* web

> Regarding the Right Way to go:
>  as far as I'm aware there are two TS demuxers around: one in
> ffmpeg/libav, the other  in mpegtools (part of the  dvb drivers
> written by Ralph Metzler).
>
> Reading the sources it seems that Metzler's ones are more capable, but
> it's a very hard reading indeed (not a single line of comment :( ).
>
> Which one would you suggest to use?

dunno, i don't know them.
but afair libav's demuxers are very incomplete and don't handle errors.
does dvdstream has own ts->ps or it programs the card to send ps instead of ts?

imho the better way would be programming the card to send PS instead of TS
(at least siemens DVB-s can do that), the other way is implementing a TS
_demuxer_ in mplayer.
i won't accept ts->ps hacks in stream layer for CVS.
so, make a TS file and first get it playable with mplayer by implementing
demux_ts.c, then go for the steraming stuff.
but before doing it check if your card can do PS too, it's faster and better

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team