[MPlayer-dev-eng] PVA format demuxer

Matteo Giani matgiani at ctonet.it
Tue Sep 3 16:45:15 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:

>no, for mpeg you don't have, it'll be done by mpeg-es demuxer later
>just set sh->format to 0x10000002 for mpeg2, see demux_mpeg.c
>
>or send me the patch and upload sample .pva file i'll fix it

OK, I did that, but still something complains about

FPS not specified (or invalid) in the header! Use the -fps option!

which is quite true, since I didn't fill the fps field. Even if I
specify -fps 25, though, this happens:

Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: codec didn't set sh->disp_w and sh->disp_h, trying to workaround!
VDec: vo config request - 0 x 0 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Couldn't find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder v2.0
libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for IDCT transform
libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for motion compensation
VDec: codec didn't set sh->disp_w and sh->disp_h, trying to workaround!
VDec: vo config request - 0 x 0 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: invalid dimensions!
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Detected video codec: [ffmpeg12] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG 1/2)
AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
FPS forced to be 25.000  (ftime: 0.040)
Start playing...
Video PTS: 3364193653
Video PTS: 3364208053
Video PTS: 3364200853
Parsing Audio PTS...PTS: 3364160062
Video PTS: 3364204453
Video PTS: 3364218853
Parsing Audio PTS...PTS: 3364168702
Parsing Audio PTS...PTS: 3364177342
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice
slice below image
Error while decoding slice

FATAL: Couldn't initialize video filters (-vop) or video output (-vo) !

=====================

The Video PTS and Audio PTS lines are debug messages from my demuxer,
never mind them.
If I specify -fps 25 -vc ffmpeg12, I get crippled video output, but at
least I get something...

I believe the demuxing is correct, since with -dumpvideo the dumped
stream is correctly detected as a MPEG-ES file and played back without
any glitch.

What I was thinking now is: is there any constraint about how the
demuxed data should be divided into demux packets or is it ininfluent?
e.g. PVA files have video packets of which some have PTS information,
some don't. What should I do, group those without PTS into a single
demux_packet with the last PTS read (which is what the PVA spec would
suggest) or add different demux_packets all with the same PTS info? Will
that break anything?
Thanks for your patience, I must admit that probably these questions
sound silly to you...