[MPlayer-dev-eng] buglets in configure

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Oct 24 02:11:43 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 00:00, Björn Sandell wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:16:47 +0200
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > > Then the test should be rewritten as per above (or in some other more clever
> > > way), right?  There not much point in having options that just makes sure that
> > > mplayer won't compile.
> >
> > no
> > the --enable options are there to override maybe broken tests.
>
> Ok, I can understand that, but the --enable options shouldn't break tests
> where tests are needed. Another way out of this particular "bug" could be to
> make --enable-termios require an argument, eg --enable-termios=termios.h

look... think about --enable as --force...

the logic is this:
by default things are autodetected.... this works in 99.99999% of
cases...

but sometimes someones has some non standard things, where the
autodetection code fails, but the thing is there and functional... in
that case, you the one who use that nonstandard thing, you know that
it's there, so you force it with --enable.

bye,
gabor