[MPlayer-dev-eng] A new little feature, and lirc without fork

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Oct 22 16:08:23 CEST 2002

Hi,

first a little new feature. It let mplayer read commands from a file. I use it with a fifo so
I can control mplayer with commands like this 'echo "seek 60" > ~/mp_cmd' when
stdin in busy or not in the current terminal. To enable it use -input file=<path>,
attached is a small patch for the man page.

I rewrote the lirc code to remove the fork, attached is a patch that i can't test bcs i
haven't any remote atm. If someone can test it (and fix it if needed and possible ;).

PS Arpi : You told me on irc that you want to start to cleanup libmpdemux. Many
things have been said about the futur capabilities of libmpdemux but all this is
split across 100 mails. So I think it may be good to summuries all this and discuss
it a bit deeply.

	Albeu