[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vidix on powerpc/mach64 works :-)

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue Oct 22 14:47:06 CEST 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:54:20 +0200 Alex Beregszaszi <alex at naxine.org>
wrote:

> commited, hope it works, please test

Tested, works :)

> btw, your way in pci_powerpc.c works on x86 too, i will change libdha
> design soon (the api will not change!) and then it will support both
> ways - reading /proc needs no iopl() setting

Yes, I thought of that, that should work on any linux (with pci buses).
I just wondered about something, paths are
/proc/bus/pci/[bus]/[dev].X
I don't know what the .X is, I guessed it is the sub-device (ie on my
desktop athlon, i have 08.0 and 08.1 for my bt878 capture card); could a
video card be something else than .0 ?

> btw2, could you test with other cards too? or are you using an apple
> notebook?

That's a notebook...

Btw2 too ;-) I'd like to have cvs access, mainly to use in case I find and
fix other endianness problems, could i ?

Cheers,
--
Colin
Random BOFH excuse: