[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch]vobsub subtitle enhancement

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Thu Oct 17 17:24:36 CEST 2002

hephooey writes:

>> The mapping between country code -> country real name has nothing
>> to do in vobsub.c, this is purely presentation
>
> yes, I also don't think it's a good idea to put that mapping in vobsub.c.
> it's originally from gui, i just want to use it without gui so i move it out.
> since gui will use it always, why not use it in vobsub to get better
> presentation;).

Because vobsub really has nothing to do with presentation.  It just
decodes the data so that other (application decision) parts decide
what to do with it.  The mapping depends very much on what you want to
do with the information.  So I left that part out of vobsub.

> though it's really not good to put these kind of things in vobsub.c,
> i cannot find other better place to put them. may be i'd better
> create a new file:)

My idea would be to put this stuff in mplayer.c, and also do some
localization for it.  But this is not really my part so maybe someone
else should speak up on this.

> I've made a new patch, removed these global variable, but keep the
> mapping. please check it, thanks.

I have committed a modified version to remove the globals and the
mapping.  See if it fits your needs.

Thanks for the patch,
Kim Minh.