[MPlayer-dev-eng] [FYI] new versions of libdvdread 0.9.3 and libdvdcss 1.2

Bernd Ernesti mplayer at lists.veego.de
Thu May 30 19:29:47 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:35:56PM +0200, pl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a FYI.
>
> The OGLE project has released a few days (weeks ?) ago new versions of

4 days ago and I used the cvs version of it and libdvdcss now for over an
week without an problem and switched on monday to the release version.

> libdvdread 0.9.3 which requires libdvdcss 1.2 (from videolan).

Btw, from the libdvdread changelog:

- Support for MacOS X/Darwin have been added.
- Ported to use libdvdcss2 (1.2.0 and later).
- Can now use libdvdcss to also decrypt files on a normal filsystem.
- A bit more tolerant of incorrectly mastered DVDs.
- Build robustness fixes from Mark Espie.
- Added some Doxygen markup and comments.

It would be nice to use the new feature to play encrypted files
on a normal filsystem, but it seems to be a problem to use that
after looking at the mplayer source.

Regards,
Bernd