[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package for next release - RH7.2/7.3 glibc issue

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed May 29 22:37:27 CEST 2002

Hi.
I've upgraded from RH7.2 to 7.3. Just today my friend with 7.2 had problems
installing my freshly compiled RPM. It turns out that the new glibc-2.2.5
package in 7.3 provides a dependency that's not in 7.2's glibc.
And since mplayer gets linked against glibc (obviously :->), we have
a problem - the packages I build from now on won't install on 7.2.

So, I'm looking for someone willing to build packages on a 7.2 system,
unless you don't have a problem with this issue and agree to let people
use the .src.rpm to build a package for their version of RH by themselves.
Also I've noticed RH7.3 doesn't ship gcc3, so one can get it *only*
from 7.2 updates.

My friend has been telling me for some time: "RedHat sucks."
Today, I agreed. :-)) Not that we don't use it, of course.
He also says: "All OSes suck.", so there you are. :->

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer.html
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>