[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Mon May 27 18:07:26 CEST 2002

Hi,

> 2. cleanup libvo  [Pontscho, ???]
>
> - we should finally review query_format() answers, most of the drivers still
> don't set flags they should
> - all vo drivers should follow the libvo.txt api std, especially allowing
> zero, 1 or more than one calls to config() between init/uninit.
these should be done immediately - before the release

> - add mpi (draw_image) support to main vo drivers, remove old
> draw_slice/draw_frame
> - remove redundant code from vo drivers, like osd (only where the same
> functionality can be reached using -vop expand), sw scaler etc.
also checking the VFCAP_OSD flag should be added, and if it's not
present, than automatic add -vop expand. It's a bit annoying to add
-vop expand every time to commandline (or config) becouse of developers
don't want to duplicate code (i don't want it too ;)

> - cleanup X11 stuff - move more common code to x11_common, like window
> opening.
> - better interfacing between libvo and gui - the gui shouldn't control the
> vo window directly, but via control() calls. i mean fullscreen etc here.
right

> 3. move audio encoders & filters to libmpcodecs [al3x, Anders, me]
i'm working on libao2 now

audio encoders? are they still in mencoder?

> 4. demuxer api changes, transfer demuxer modules to plugins [me, albeu?]
just make a similar api like libmpcodecs/libao2/libvo
you know arpi, i'm interested in working shared object plugins,
it will be easy after cleaning up the api.
Btw, is it needed for demuxers too to make shared objects of them? ;)
(also this shared object thingie is only an option - mplayer will still
compile static!)

> 5. implement muxer layer [al3x]
>
> - design new api, convert aviwrite to use it
> - write mpeg ps muxer
> - write quicktime muxer
after release, but this hasn't got so high priority (stands after libvo)

-
alex