[MPlayer-dev-eng] state of realvideo?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 17 02:09:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Is there any hope for the RV20 fourcc?  Emails I've seen here imply
> there's just nothing to be done.  Is that right?

no one of us is working on that - so don't know what do you expect :)

there is 2 way to get rv20/rv30 played:
- make an interface to the closedsource *.so plugins
  (preferred way - so we can keep support for new things)
- try to reverse engineer teh codec and implement native decoder

none of them is easy, and none of them has been started.

once, a xine guy said he will implement support for *.so plugins, but
he lost all of his interest while implementing .rm demuxer for xine...
(if once xine has such code - we could steal^H^H^H^H^Hport it :))

are you interested in working on that?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team