[MPlayer-dev-eng] mms://....

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 11:20:38 CEST 2002

On Thursday 16 May 2002 12:42 am, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry, I can't follow MPlayer developmenting too close nowdays ;-( But at
> our company we have a server running some kind of door-like ;-) operating
> system with a CheckPoint firewall between Internet and it. Some m$ guy told
> me that I should pass tcp/1755 port to access mms://... URLs by users. With
> MPlayer I got error 404 (is it using port 80?). However maybe this
> information (tcp/1755) would be usefull for someone who is interested in
> developing mms streaming support in MPlayer.

Which version of mplayer did you used?
I just commit the mmst support a couple of days ago.

mplayer will first try the mms/http support to retreive the stream,
even if you provide a mms:// url.
You should check the output of the fall back protocol sequence when using mms
mplayer should try mms/http then mms/udp(always fail--no implementation)
and then mplayer should try mms/tcp.

Bertrand