[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: XScreenSaver Extension

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat May 11 09:26:28 CEST 2002

On Sat, 11 May 2002 02:03:05 +0200 (CEST)
Christian Zuckschwerdt <zany at triq.net> wrote:

> While grep'ing mplayer's code the other day I found no evidence of such a
> function. Ok I obviously missed the line in the docs. Like Diego says it's
> not working out-of-the-box, though.

grep again :)
main/libvo $ grep -i screensaver *|wc -l
      8

> If I understand the source (libvo/vo_sdl.c, libvo/x11_common.c) correctly
> the screensaver feature is specific to vo x11 and sdl, right?
> I use vo=xv. And that seems to be a common choice too.

x11common.c is used by all vo modules that use x11 (beside sdl,
which is something special), ie, x11, xv, xmga, xvidix, gl, gl2...

> Is my build/setup broken? Are there plans to bring screensaver
> support to xv if not?

There is support for it... Maybe you two should write a full bugreport.

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.