[MPlayer-dev-eng] XScreenSaver Extension

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat May 11 00:01:53 CEST 2002

Alex Beregszaszi writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > > how about adding code to deal with XScreenSaver?
 > >
 > > I currently use a wrapper to kill and restart xscreensaver for a mplayer
 > > session. There is some clean code in the recent xawtv-4.74 jwz/remote.c
 > >
 > > What do you people think about it?
 >
 > It's already implemented since ages.

Very interesting, because it has never worked for me.  Is it supposed
to be activated somehow or should it work automatically?  There is
nothing in the docs about it, just a credit:

silver:/usr/src/mplayer/DOCS$ grep -i screensaver * 2> /dev/null
documentation.html:  <LI>screensaver+DPMS disable for libvo</LI>

Diego