[MPlayer-dev-eng] WM detection

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 10 17:45:14 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Perhaps this is naive, but why does MPlayer need to detect every
> single WM out there for fullscreen to work? SDL's fullscreen seems to
> work with almost anything from what I understand, so why not just
> borrow some code from SDL or immitate the techniques SDL uses?
do it, patches are welcomed

sdl does the same for fullscreen as our -vm switch - so it switch away from
the desktop to a new mode...

gtk also has wm-independent fullscreen stuff, it opens 2(!) windows at init,
one for fullscreen and one for windowed mode, and move the content and hide
teh spare one when switch... ugly way.

i also don't like this wm-detection stuff, but it seems to be the only way
if you disagree, try to implement (or steal code) it adn send patches...
pontscho is working on it for weeks...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team