[MPlayer-dev-eng] docs: users-against-developers versus gcc-2.96-3.0

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 5 18:41:41 CEST 2002

Hi,

> >>I'm almost finished reworking users-against-developers.html, which is
> >>quite out of date now that binary redistribution is no longer a
> >>problem.
> >

> > what's the status of this?
>
> It turned out to be more work than expected, but I am through and have
> given it to Nilmoni Deb for review yesterday.  He is usually quite
> responsive, so I expect him to answer in the next few days, at which
> point I will post it to the list.
ok

> When do you plan the next prerelease?
dunno. probably end of next week...

> Or will the next pre be final?
impossible :(

too many untested fix went into cvs nowdays
and there is a TODO on the homepage, for next pre, including mp_msg()
cleanups (move useless stuff to verbose/debug level), docs updates,
some -vop fixes, gui fixes etc.

we're still fighting against buggy window managers
but it seems we cannot win - one fix brings up 2 new bugs :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team