[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVD navigation again

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Sat Mar 30 17:38:33 CET 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:55:43AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > if highlighting is actually some weird SPU stream, or if it is totally up
> > to the implementors of the navigation to perform the highlighting.
> if it's spu, we could decode and display it (spudec.c)

Argh.  Okay, I'm stuck again.  I need help getting SPU's to display.

1) I hooked all the spu and sub demuxing stuff up to work with the
   STREAMTYPE_DVDNAV.
2) There are SPUs in this DVD.  ("Found subtitle: 0" and "...: 1")
3) They show up in the stream at about the time I'd expect the
   highlighting to happen (using -sid 1, or -sid 0).
4) They are "Menu Id"(0) types not "Start Display"(1).  However, according
   to the SPU specs I've read, type 0 is actually called "Forced Start
   Display", so I changed spudec to treat it like a "Start Display".
5) I've verified that there is SPU image data (next_line gets called a
   lot).
6) I've verified that draw_alpha is getting called from
   spudec_draw_scaled, which is getting called from the osd subsystem.

Problem is: I don't see anything new on the screen.

I'm suspecting palettes maybe?

Is there a way to examine the SPU image?  I'd like to know what I should
be expecting to appear.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net