[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_vesa refresh

Rudolf Marek MAREKR2 at cs.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Mar 25 20:23:53 CET 2002

> I don't like the patch, because:
> - it adds files with non gpl license
> - files are ms-dos formatted (wrong linebreaks)
> - files are huge, to do very small thing

I wasn't expecting you will take it. It was the first approach.
It was hacked together in 30 min. But I wan't to hear some suggestions
what options to support (or use existing from fbdev ?, let the user tell
only vSync frq etc...) - or wich format do you prefer etc.

Also the behavior if Hsync/Vsync is too low or high... (fall back to
without VBE 3 version or lower the vSync freq)

> To work around this you should look at the scitech code and write you
> own minimal implementation without 3 pages of comments.

Ok...

> Btw. for negotiating monitor timing you could look at vesa ddc (check
> www.vesa.org).
I will...

Regards

		Rudolf