[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf [Re: new video codec selection code]

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 22 17:18:05 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>  > 	Solution: Copy over the new etc/codecs.conf file.
>
> Thanks.
>
> What's the status on this?  Is this going to replace the codecs.conf
> from CVS?  That way we won't have to advise users to edit codecs.conf
> for best performance..

	I'm not sure if I understand the question. I meant that if you're
compiling the latest CVS version of MPlayer, be sure to use the latest CVS
version of the etc/codecs.conf file. I know there's a lot of discussion of
a new etc/codecs.conf file, but I haven't been following that too
carefully, and I wasn't referring to it, either. Just use the most recent
version of etc/codecs.conf and the error(s) you were seeing should go
away.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson