[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf [Re: new video codec selection code]

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Wed Mar 20 13:40:46 CET 2002

Am Mit, 2002-03-20 um 03.09 schrieb Juan J. Sierralta P.:

> 	I just want to see that patch you talk about .....

I've posted the assembly version to the list. I can also send
you the C sources in case you have a recent cvs gcc (pre-3.1)
or the special Motorola gcc 2.95.[23] and proper binutils or
are just curious. There are no patches but I have special versions
of libavcodecs dsputil.c (only important functions rewritten) and
jrevdct_ppc.c (using bugfixed sample code from Motorola, still has
some minor visual problems though because of incorrect rounding).
Further I have special versions of libmpeg2s idct.c and motion_comp.c.

And last but not least I started enhancing mp3libs decod386.c file
by vectorising it but this one is not finished because of some
tricky code and a bug in the latest binutils as well as gcc; half of
it already runs with AltiVec but I need to figure out how the
coefficients can be changed so they are aligned on a 16byte boundary
which would yield severe speedups whereas the current mixed version
might be even slightly slower depending on the cpu.

So what do you want? I'll send you a tarball of the sources as-is.

--
Servus,
       Daniel