[MPlayer-dev-eng] Very strange fame behaviour...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 19 21:30:03 CET 2002

Hi,

> with libavcodec and I haven't got a clue to why it happens, and after 7
> minutes.

I've got similar thing. It freezee after playing ~ 1000 frames.
Then I had to quit and restart mplayer, seek to taht position and I could
watch next 1000 frames. FInally I've found it's the
fame_params.frames_per_sequence, it was set to 0x7fffffff by default.
Setting it to 25 solved this problem.

No such problem what you described.

> Ah, and yes, if I change the coding to I-frames only it works perfectly...

Ah. I've never tried IPPPP for longer time.
But I've experienced some bugs (bad pixels, like overflows) with IPPPP
encoding of fame, with frames containing high detail crominance planes.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team