[MPlayer-dev-eng] english documentation maintaining

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Tue Mar 19 01:35:33 CET 2002

Arpi didn't RTFM :
> Gabucino's interest over mplayer documentation decreased a lot, too lot, in
It seems you really have a bad day today. Please RTFcvslog finally before
stating that I "don't update hungarian manual with your changes" and such
things!!!

> Anyway I got it and updated as far as i can a week ago. I'ev fixed many
> things, but i'm sure there are still a lot.
Heh. Your changes weren't of that much value, as I can remember.
And now I rereaded them, 90% is just cosmetics, either mine and yours is fine.
And no matter what you state, I _DID_ update hungarian manual for it.

> And I didn't touched all file, nor manpages, just documentation.html,
> bugreports.html and video.html, and checked only by technical side, not
> grammar.
I'm not dazzled, as your english grammar is (let's be straight) pretty bad.
I don't agree with some of your "technical" commits, as they usually made
that place harder to understand.

> Anyway he still refuses to make trivial changes, about new -lavcopts or
> the audio-only playback....
Do not lie. I never refused it. You refused to explain them, and - sorry -
I don't know enough about codecs to invent some explanation from my head.

> RTCW 'testing' is much more important?
Please spare the drama.

> But it doesn't matter, he really did nice work on docs in the past.
This is the first time you ever said that.

> Gabu also refused to apply Diego's text-only patches, dunno why :(
23:46 < Gab_RTCW> ezzel nem vagyok kint a szarbol
23:46 < Gab_RTCW> mailered szettorte

It means "I can't apply those because your mailer broke it". And I'm
not fixing your mailer's bugs. So don't lie. ("dunno why" ehh...)

> (he said it was procmail... he-he. he should ask Nick how to make /dev/null
> to be a folder;))
It was procmail as Egger didn't care when I said: spare the HTML code.

> So, I'm searching for doc co-maintainer (or maybe new maintainer - it
> depends on Gabucino if he wants to continue maintaining docs or he chooses
> RTCW testing forever)
I do maintain DOCS, you'd know that if I didn't, rest assured of that.
But if you really think I don't.. But watch for these :
 - I have a life
 - the mplayerxp news was delayed because I wanted to understand the situation
   better - as I explained it to you, pity you tend to forget..
 - those -lavcopts were introduced yesterday - I didn't know I have to update
   DOCS in 0day .. anyways you still didn't explain them to me.
 - playing RTCW 2/3hrs a day is more entertaining than WTFMing for free,
   and nobody ever reads it, and the project author doesn't even keeps
   attention of my commits, then accuses me of not commiting.

> - extend it (especially FAQ) depending on -users mailings
This is really wanted. Patches are welcome.
Others were, are (and will be?) done by me.

> - convert it to some better format, docbook or xhtml?
>   it depends on maintainer - if he refuses docbook then it won't work...
I told you I can do it. If you like to read documentation in Times.

Obviously this is not the day when I can talk sanely to you. :(

--
Gabucino