[MPlayer-dev-eng] MplayerXP vs Mplayer. Hall of truth.

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Sun Mar 17 18:54:39 CET 2002

Am Son, 2002-03-17 um 17.53 schrieb Nick Kurshev:

> > Threads are useful if you can find blocking tasks which are
> > parallelisable and thus prevent maximum cpu utilisation. Threads have
> I know such task - usleep()
> Thread can sleep too ;)

Sleeping is a not a bad thing cpu-wise and it certainly is not what I
meant by "parallelisable".

> I know that inaccurate thread usage causes slowdowning of system.
> But they the best solution in my case!

Yet you fail to explain why. I'm not against threads at all but they
hit me often enough to warn others from thinking they could heal the
world(tm).

Threads are often used in wrong places which is a sign of not
well-though design. If you're able to reasonable explain why you
think threads are benefitial and the explanation is waterproof then
you'll have my fullest support.

--
Servus,
       Daniel