[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct rendering feature request

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 15 13:28:09 CET 2002

Hi,
is there any or _could_ be there a function call to notify vo_driver,
when frame decoding is finished (in direct rendering)?
I have to lock buffer in get_image() and need to know when to unlock it.
Could be a draw_osd used for this? I'm not sure if it is called in/after
each frame.

My desired scheme for frame disp:
- get_image called -> buffer locked for decoder access
- __decode_complete__ called -> buffer is unlocked, (stretch)blit
initiated to scale and transfer from buffer to offscreen video memory
(done preferably by hw)-->> this is missing
- draw_osd/alpha -> osd is drawn in offscreen video memory (eg. osd and
subtitles are using whole screen not just film area)
- flip -> flip is performed (switched video memory buffers)

As it works today (in vo_directfb)
- get_image called -> buffer locked for decoder access
- draw_osd/alpha ->buffer is unlocked, osd is drawn in buffer (has some
side effect when bufffer is static)
- flip -> (stretch)blit initiated to scale and transfer from buffer to
screen

JS

P.S.: vo_directfb with direct rendering is not in CVS I will send patch
later today.