[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 12 00:53:00 CET 2002

Hi,

> Libcurl might be the idea solution; it has a nice C API, supports just
> about every HTTP function, and wouldn't require an external program to
> run. It would probably be easier than piping a wget session too.

As i already said, but has been ignored it seems:
there is already such code in mplayer CVS, in module 'installer'.
I coded it some time ago (with help from lez), and .so modified a bit.
it's 2 pages of c code and does the same. COnnects to a www server by name,
then send some request (you sprintf to a char array) and save the answer to
file. Really easy to add handling of redirect...

It doesn't depend on libcurl, perl or linux at all. It's simple plain C code
with no depends except basic libc networking functions (like sockets).

It's used to retrieve tarballs from mphq website now, and it does work well.

Why don't you check it before rewrite universum in perl???

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team