[MPlayer-dev-eng] xvid support won't compile if divx5 headers present

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Sun Mar 10 11:59:36 CET 2002

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:33:37AM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> Felix Buenemann didn't RTFM :
> > Doesn't XviD have an own decore.h? It's bad technique detecting xvid lib
> > with non xlib headers...
> True. But it's the MPlayer Approved Way.. And it works with DivX4. This is
> a bad way, though.. And note that xvid make install installs only
> libxvidcore.so, no headers. Hm. Are headers needed for static libraries? :)

As those libraries implement the same API (well divx5 headers removed
the *311 option & that's how it's detected) there's no easy way to know
that the header files you are using don't match the library you'll link
with (or I ve not looked closer enough :)

Just get sure to specify your includes with the configure
--*extra-include* option.

--
Best regards,
  pl