[MPlayer-dev-eng] Doc overhaul, first example

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Mar 3 20:16:01 CET 2002

Hi!

Please let us stay constructive this time around.  I think we might
finally be getting somewhere, the document Daniel presented looks like
a good start to me.

There are two points that we want to address by the doc rewrite:

1)  Overhaul the content and the structure.
2)  Use another, more flexible format.

These two goals are completely independent of each other.  We could
take the current docs and convert them to format xy now or we might
start rewriting the content of the docs and transition to a different
format later on.  Daniel is somewhat in between with his document in
XHTML, but this might be a good compromise as it is easy to transition
from XHTML to XML later on.

We should take this as an example.  Now we have seen what one of the
documents can look like in XHTML.  Daniel, you offered to convert the
docs to docbook earlier.  Might I take you up on that offer and ask
you to provide bugreports.html as docbook so that we can see what this
looks like and how easy/difficult it is to convert to other formats?
Maybe one of the LyX proponents can come up with bugreports.html in
LaTeX format so that we can compare the two alternatives?
Regards

Diego