[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder.c (1.94) bug: "-lavcopts vbitrate=XXX"

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Mar 1 05:54:49 CET 2002

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:43:35AM -0300, Juan J. Sierralta P. wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 00:33, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>
> > I've never had the problem...I don't exactly have WMP to test, but
> > I've sent files I encoded to Windows users with no trouble...
>
> 	With last CVS ? I will continue to make streams, I`ll try with VBR MP3
> to see what happens.

Well it was maybe a few weeks ago, but I haven't noticed any major
changes that would break it... I normally use CBR because I have no
idea how to tell lame to "use good bitrates but fast low quality
calculations" -- with CBR, the quality option controls speed vs
precision, but with VBR it [also] affects bitrate, so you have to use
good quality, right?

Anyway, I hope in the long term we get support for other mp3 encoders
-- maybe even libavcodec if it ever has a decent one. Lame is just
orders of magnitude too slow...

Rich