[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs v0.0.0.1

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 1 01:38:36 CET 2002

Hi,

Ok. It does work...
It does not do any special over old dec_video, but at least it work :)
To enable it, replace dec_video.c by libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a in main
Makefile, and run 'make' in libmpcodecs dir first.
yes it's ugly hack but simple :)

The only supported codecs are Cinepak and NULL.
I've tested only cinepak, it works well. (both yuy2 and rgb32)

Anyway, why does -vo x11 support YUY2 ??? It confuses current silly
colorspace selection code :(((
(it chooses double conversion (yv12->yuy2->rgb) for many codecs)

So, it's time to port video decoders to the new interface.
When we're done, we can start change libvo/mplayer to use the new
features provided by libmpcodecs, like general filtering (postprocess,
colorspace etc) layer, direct rendering, sw double buffering etc.

I think we should leave libmpeg2 to the end, as it's very special one,
and unless we introduce some draw_slice hacks, it won't be as fast as
now without direct rendering support in libvo.
But, with direct rendering B frames, it may be even faster.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team