[MPlayer-dev-eng] Donations Page

Olaf Beck olaf_sc at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 23:53:40 CEST 2002

Hello

I'm actually using this info to send money to some friends that I have over
seas. Here is how it work:

Some close friend or relative sets up a PayPal account at www.paypal.com (I
think you must live in the US to get a VISA card conected to your paypal
account - please see
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=171&loc=170&unique_id=03969
for more info).
When you friend gets the VISA card he activates it and send it to you.
Now people can send money to the paypal account and you can use the VISA card
to redraw money from the account.

There is however a small but in this, the PayPal account is bound to the
persons bank account. Hence your friend may not want you to have direct
access to the account web page at paypal. Direct access will enable you
transfer money from your friends bank account to the paypal account which you
can't if you just have the VISA card. However the friend can also transfer
money from the PayPal account to his/her bank account which is something you
not want to happen if you have the mplayer funds there. Hence you have to
trust each other.

Cheers Olaf