[MPlayer-dev-eng] ripping subtitles

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Fri Jun 14 04:09:50 CEST 2002

I am still not sure how subtitles ripping should be done.  For the
moment I have some pieces of code that does it inside mencoder (at the
same time that it is burning the subtitles inside the encoded movie).
But this does not feel right.  For one MPlayer's code can only read
one subtitle language at a time so it can only do one language
subtitle ripping at a time (it is vobsub ripping so it should be
possible to put multiple languages into a single file).  So here is
what I still can't answer: should subtitle ripping happen inside
mencoder or in a separate program?

Thanks for you input,
Kim Minh.