[MPlayer-dev-eng] thoughts on cdparanoia

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jun 12 03:19:44 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 08:50:24PM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> It is implemented as a stream, the cache is requiered I think. I never tried without but I
> don't think you'll get a good playback. I read the cdparanoia FAQ and it seems that it's
> only for audio. For exemple it correct some scratch using interpolation to replace the
> missing data. Don't kown if it will work good very good to recover non-audio data.

Hmm, I dunno about that. FYI, cdrdao uses cdparanoia to make exact
duplicates of both audio and data cds, so it has to be at least
somewhat useful for nonaudio tracks I would think.

> If you want to try with another format just hack the demuxer_open function to use another
> demuxer than the rawaudio one.

Hmm, maybe I'll try that... Now if only I knew where my RW media went
so I don't end up wasting lots of CDs playing around with this...

Rich