[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer RTP Support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jun 9 20:23:06 CEST 2002

Felix,

Thanks for the note.  Yes, I'm planning to bring the MPlayer patch (to use
the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" RTP libraries) up-to-date very soon.  This
should also add RTSP client support.

One thing I can't do, however, is make the entire patch C++-free.  Because
the LIVE.COM Streaming Media libraries themselves are C++, you already need
a C++ compiler to build them, and because the libraries require C++
linkage, there also needs to be a small piece of C++ stub code that sits
between the libraries and the rest of MPlayer.  (Note, though, that people
who don't wish to use the LIVE.COM support won't be compiling any of this
code, so they won't need to deal with C++ code at all. )

	Ross.