[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: virtualdub plugin

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Sun Jun 9 14:36:47 CEST 2002

Hi,

> * My implementation uses a new w32 dll called 'glue.dll' which contains
>   code to be able to use the virtualdub filters from C (Virtualdub and
>   its filters are C++). To compile 'glue.dll' a w32 C++ compiler is
>   required which has the same ABI as VC++. To my knowledge GCC do not
>   have the same ABI as VC++. Currently 'glue.dll' is compiled with VC++
>   (in wine :). This is clearly sub-optimal. Alex, did you solve this
>   without a new dll? If so, how?
I'm using C++ filters from pure C code, the configuring is working too,
but one main problem is with the VBitmap structure, it's inlined
functions are very annoying to emulate from C. Also if we finish the
VBitmap emulation, it's ready to work.

'screenshot':

<snip>
Filter:
Name: brightness/contrast (UI-enhanced)(1.0)
Main filter code by Avery Lee; UI enhanced by Donald Graft

[Assembly optimized] [MMX optimized]
Author: Avery Lee/Donald Graft

ver_hi: 7, ver_lo: 4
fm: 0x807e908, fd: 0x8087c00
Configured picture: 320x240x32, pitch: 1280, modulo: 0, size: 307200
filter's private data: 0x8088970 (size: 12)
flags: 0
Values: ' (bright 0%, cont 100%)'
Config string: 'Config(0,16)'
str: Config(0,16)