[MPlayer-dev-eng] Screensize

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 5 23:44:51 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 10:58, Jesper Svennevid wrote:
> How do I determine the actual screensize when playing a video?
> vo_screenwidth and vo_screenheight contains the original size
> (and is used when restoring videomode, I noticed that :), and
> I can't find it anywhere except in aspect.c/aspdat.(scrw|scrh),
> and those aren't publically available.
>
> I added for the time being a function that gives me a copy of
> these values, but is there any other "official" way of getting
> them? I need them for proper scaling depending on the screen-
> mode used.
You should use the code from aspect.c, it supplies functions to store original
vidres, prescaled size (eg. for svcd where videores is 480x480 but displayres
is 640x480) and a function to save the screenres, which is the area the
scaled video should fit into. You can also specify the monitorapsect, if your
screen is not 4:3, which is the default. A call to the aspect function will
return the wanted video display size, either only aspect corrected according
to the monitor-aspect or corrected and zoomed to the maximum area available,
if the zoom flag is set to 1.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos