[MPlayer-dev-eng] More for greek users and gl with r128

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jun 3 01:15:58 CEST 2002

Arpi writes:

 > > And something else:
 > > I just wanted to report that -vo gl/gl2 is working pretty fine with my
 > > rage128 card with 16MB. Of course -vo gl is faster but with -vo gl2 I
 > > can render big surfaces such as the dvd one. I'm using XFree 4.2 with
 > > gatos and dri cvs/binaries using mesa 4.0.3.
 > > Maybe you could change docs saying that only radeon can do it...
 >
 > ok. diego? :)

Do I understand you correctly that in the following section of
video.html:

  2.3.1.10. OpenGL output

  MPlayer support displaying movies using OpenGL. Unfortunately, not
  alldrivers support this ability. For example the Utah-GLX drivers
  (for XFree86 3.3.6) have it, with all cards.
  See http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net for details about how to install
  it.

  XFree86(DRI) >= 4.0.3 supports it only with Matrox, and Radeon cards.
  See http://dri.sourceforge.net for download, and installation
  instructions.

The last section should be changed to

  XFree86(DRI) >= 4.2 supports it with Matrox, Rage128 and Radeon
  cards.

What's the decisive factor?  The XFree or the DRI version?

I never used opengl or dri...

Diego