[MPlayer-dev-eng] doesn't compile on cygwin

Joey Parrish joey at yunamusic.com
Sun Jun 2 09:00:09 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm not really sure what the root of the problem is,
so maybe someone could suggest how I should find out.

I'm using the latest cygwin packages to compile MPlayer
(gcc-2.95.3-5, binutils-20011002) and gcc segfaults on
libmpdemux/demux_mov.c

I haven't changed anything about my cygwin system except
updating the MPlayer source.  It used to compile just fine.
I've tried using older CVS versions of libmpdemux, but somehow
they don't work either.

Just to verify that it's not my computer's fault or tainted
packages or the patch I'm working on, I installed a fresh
cygwin system from a different cygwin mirror on another
computer, and checked out a clean source tree from MPlayer CVS
and came up with the same identical problem.

Has anyone else had this trouble lately?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--Joey

--

"Yes." -- John F. Kennedy