[MPlayer-dev-eng] More for greek users and gl with r128

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Sun Jun 2 09:58:45 CEST 2002

> I just wanted to report that -vo gl/gl2 is working pretty fine with my
> rage128 card with 16MB. Of course -vo gl is faster but with -vo gl2 I
> can render big surfaces such as the dvd one. I'm using XFree 4.2 with
> gatos and dri cvs/binaries using mesa 4.0.3.
> Maybe you could change docs saying that only radeon can do it...

my nvidia geforce4 works with -vo gl2 without problems too,
but i don't really know why should anyone use it..
are there any platforms where is better opengl than xv support?
some sgi workstations maybe?

actually -vo gl locks mplayer up completely, i have to kill it.

i'm using the binary drivers btw.
bye,
gabor