[MPlayer-dev-eng] intel performance primitives

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 2 03:54:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've just downloaded this rather big (68mb) package from intel website, for
free. they offer v2.0gold for free evaluation now.

it's a big collection of various signal processing, mpeg decompression, jpeg
en/decoding etc functions. it's similar to SUN's medialib (mlib) for sparc,
but this time for intel x86 p1-p4 and i64.

they even include a sample mp3 player eating 0.9% cpu, same as our mp3lib :)

i don't know how usable is it, but we may borrow some tricks or
implementations (like idct etc) from it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team