[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions about vo driver implementation

Jiří Svoboda Jiri.Svoboda at seznam.cz
Sun Jul 28 19:24:55 CEST 2002

Hi,
I'm trying to rewrite vo_directfb according to current changes
in directfb and mplayer. There are some points inside mplayer
which are not clear for me.

1) flag MP_IMGFLAG_SWAPPED - means swapped Cr and Cb planes in
mpi->planes/stride

	question	- flag should be set or honored by get_image ?
			- is flag also active in put_image (eg. don't
ignore it) ?

2) in put_image (VOCTRL_DRAW_IMAGE - hmm could we use same
identification for this in libvo.txt, libmpcodecs ...)

	how to detect if I have image already in my buffer (previously
exported in get_image & dr active)
			  and thus I just only return VO_TRUE?
			  Is flag MP_IMGFLAG_DIRECT sufficient for this
purpose?

	flag MP_IMGFLAG_DRAW_CALLBACK - is this flag useful/significant
for vo driver or just ignore it?

						JS

P.S.: I have attached preliminary rewrite of vo_directfb.c using
get_image&put_image pair. Feel free to comment.