[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reading vobsub directly from a RAR archive

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 26 04:58:50 CEST 2002

On Thursday 25 July 2002 00:36, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 July 2002 19:15, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
> > Here is a patch to make use of the UniquE RAR File Library.
>
> nice, I'll check it asap.
hmm, your code doesn't work for me, there are some errors, but I couldn't yet
fix all of them. You should start tracing from mpeg_run error.

One of your errors seems to be, that your rar_read returns the number of bytes
read instead of the number of elements read, as expected from fread, which
leads to that code failing (I have not fixed that in my patch).

I attached my current changes including your patch against cvs.
A sample vobsubrar (which I used for testing) is available at:
http://mplayerhq.hu/~atmos4/swep1vobsub.rar

(ignore that the first subpic looks strange, it's generated by an early
version of mencoder's vobsub ripping code)

Btw. my patch also includes changed/fixed versions of urarlib.[ch], that are
adapted to mplayer's config scheme and license. I also (hopefully) fixed the
assemblerbugs, so now it works with gcc 3.1 (before internal compiler error).

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos