[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs porting problems

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at dellingsoft.de
Mon Jul 22 16:39:05 CEST 2002

Hi,

in march I implemented a raw DV demuxer/decoder for libdv (with mplayer still
from february), and now I updated mplayer and am trying to port the raw dv
support to the current version.
If this is done, I'll post the patch.

Well, a lot has changed since then and I didn't find any documentation about
this all. The infrastructure has become much nicer, but it is slightly hard
to get it right without docs or comments :-/

Well, in old mplayer, sh_video had a member "our_out_buffer", which was used
as the target buffer for my rawdv decoder. Now this seems to be gone.
Now there seems to be a function
mp_image_t* mpcodecs_get_image(sh_video_t *sh, int mp_imgtype, int
mp_imgflag, int w, int h);

Do I simply have to use mp_image_t::planes[0]; ??

Which parameters does the get_image take ? I have YUY2 images, and I know
width and height.
Which of the many IMGFLAGS from mp_image.h do I have to use ?

Thanks
Alex