[MPlayer-dev-eng] DocBook docs for download

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jul 18 13:46:56 CEST 2002

Andras Mohari writes:
 > On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 02:50:19 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > > - What are those <fake> tags that appear in the HTML source?
 >
 > Looks like they were generated by xsltproc.  I've upgraded to
 > version 1.0.18 and they are gone...

OK.

 > > - I suppose the <para>s inside of <listitem>s create the unnecessary
 > >   linebreaks after each bullet in the bulleted lists.
 >
 > After each _bullet_?  I don't understand it.  I use Opera, and
 > <listitem><para> produces something like this:
 >
 > 	* item 1 blabla
 > 	  lots of text
 > 			(<-- Is this the unnecessary linebreak?)
 > 	* item 2 blabla
 > 	  lots of text
 >
 > <listitem><simpara> looks like this:
 >
 > 	* item 1 blabla
 > 	  lots of text
 > 	* item 2 blabla
 > 	  lots of text
 >
 > I have no other browsers (except for lynx and links).

The problem appears with Mozilla only.  It looked like this, more or
less:

      *
        item 1 blabla
        lots of text
      *
        item 2 blabla
        lots of text

Removing those strange <fake> tags solved the problem, so just forget
about it.

 > > > I'll continue working on the docs, but I'm rather busy this week.
 > >
 > > I've been thinking about this a bit, I really do not want to stop your
 > > enthusiasm, but we are probably duplicating a lot of work at the
 > > moment.  XML and HTML docs are already out of sync and this will only
 > > get worse.  0.90 will ship with HTML docs, the switch to XML will be
 > > afterwards.  How about making the conversion then?  We could freeze
 > > the documentation for a week or two and then add all updates to the
 > > XML version.  This way you do not have to track the changes to the
 > > HTML and we do not have to try to keep the XML in sync...
 > >
 > > What do you think?
 >
 > It's fine with me.  (Note that 'Usage' is finished, so the version
 > you've downloaded is not the latest.)
 > I'll wait.

OK, that's probably the best solution so that we do not duplicate a
lot of effort.

Diego