[MPlayer-dev-eng] -vop scale

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Thu Jul 18 16:16:00 CEST 2002

Michael Niedermayer writes:

> Felix Buenemann wrote:
>
>> Anyways, why don't always round to two (regardsless of imgfmt) and only
>
> hmm agree, files with odd dimensions are bad (user might transcode it to some
> yv12 based format and then problems appear ...

If some format allow for any dimension, why be more pedantic than
necessary?  I feek it is the transcoding program's (or filter) task to
make sure that it does not introduce problems, and it should request
its own (un)cropping/scaling as needed.

>> give another (sub-)option to speicify custom w and h rouding that is used
>> if specified?

Yes it would be nice if user has a way to specify the rounding values.
Eric Lammerts suggested the '%' extension.  Sounds a bit kludgy but it
could do the trick.  Opinions?

Kim Minh.