[MPlayer-dev-eng] albeu: cwd when playing playlist? + some xvid benchmarks

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jul 8 02:03:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 12:38:08AM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> > > Adding basepath to the filename isn't a good idea.
> > > This means you cannot move the file...
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> See this, an extract from a .asx created with bad boy
> Windows Media Player (heh):

> <Param Name = "SourceURL" Value = "C:\Mes documents\Ma
> musique\Michael Jackson\History  Past, Present and
> Future, Book 1\History.wma" />
> <Param Name = "SourceURL" Value = "C:\Mes documents\Ma
> musique\17Alain Souchon - La vie ne vaut rien.mp3" />
>
> If I move the 2 clips with it's .asx in another
> directory, say C:\Test, the .asx won't find any files
> and won't play any music.
>
> Replacing it with:
> <Param Name = "SourceURL" Value = "Michael
> Jackson\History  Past, Present and Future, Book
> 1\History.wma" />
> <Param Name = "SourceURL" Value = "17Alain Souchon -
> La vie ne vaut rien.mp3" />
>
> allows moving of the file without any problems.

Umm, we're not talking about editing the playlist *file*. We're
talking about how mplayer handles relative pathnames in files it
opens. The old way was to use them relative to the current directory
mplayer is running from, which made no sense. The new way is to use
them relative to the directory the playlist file resides in.

Also I don't see how these windows-style paths are relevant. AFAIK
even cygwin doesn't use such weirdness.

Rich