[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui open for URLs

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 02:38:29 CEST 2002

On Thursday 04 July 2002 12:35 am, Ponekker Zoltan wrote:
> Hali
>
> > Since you have more time now, can you try to improve
> > the file selection?
>
> Just a little.
>
> > For now you can't enter an URL, neither select to
> > play the DVD or the audio CD.
>
> DVD playing is working. Use middle mouse button.

Ah, ok the middle button, I was trying the right button
which doesn't allow it.
And Middle button gives me URL, DVD, VCD....ok
It would be more user friend/more intuitive to have them
on the "remote control", and not have two menus that contain
the same options.

> But ... URL playing is working, if you don't need user/passwd.
> You use http://user:passwd@host/muvi.jol.avi URL format ?

Yes, but if you enter an url without user/passwd, and if
you use mplayer in command line, it will failed and return
an error message asking you to enter the user/passwd
in the url.
For the GUI I was thinking of instead an error window,
maybe popping-up a dialogue to request the user/passwd.

> Audio CD - thanksz to idea :)

Your welcome. I will improve the cddb output, so you will
be able to get the track name in the menu and on the remote
control.
I have an idea on how to implement that whether cdda or cddb
is used. If it's cdda, the track name will be Track 1, Track 2...
and cddb will put the appropriate name.
Maybe the menu title can be the artist/album name for cddb
and the track number/length for cdda.
Anyway I'm just thinking loud here, I will let you know once
'm done with it.

> > At one point, I tried to add a pop-up dialogue to
> > request a login/passwd for a http space that
> > require authentication, but since the Gui doesn't
> > allow to open URL, I gave up.
>
> I have only mail and cvs acc, my 10 hour/month internet connection is not
> enough for nothing ... and i don't have apacs install or packages.

Ok, so if you don't have apache install, it's not really a problem, what
you can do is the dialogue box, and give me the function prototype
that I need to call to request the user/passwd, and that return me
the user/passwd. Somtething like :
gui_http_authentication(char *user, size_t user_len, char *passwd, size_t
passwd_len)
Where I provide the buffers for user and passwd with there max size in
user_len, passwd_len.

Also I need to know if there is a way of telling if mplayer was started with
the gui or not!

Or maybe you have a better way on handling that.

Bertrand