[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90 ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jul 4 00:07:27 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > what about releasing 0.90 today? :)
> > of course, after applying the latest alsa9 fixes.
> >
> ok, just commited alsa9-'upgrade', hope i followed the rules and
> parsing of subopts will not break up things.
>
> you have just 25min to release 0.90 'today' :)

I've done a quick look at the contents of incoming/ at mphq, and it seems
there are some serious bugs in demuxers:
avi: seeking fails (makes bad a-v sync) with some files (they work with -ni)
rm: sig11 in demuxer for most files, sooner or later
  (maybe soem unhandled flags?)
rm: some files are unplayable, cause unknown yet (see Albeu's samples)
mov: endless 'MOV: Found unknown movie atom' for many files
mov: A-V desync in files using edit-lists

i think these should be fixed in 0.90.
i'm going to holiday tomorrow, for 1-1.5 week, so i'll have some time to
work on these issues. imho we should delay 0.90 by 1-2 weeks.
so, what about releasing 0.90-pre6 _now_ ?
(it's buggy but much better/bugfree than pre5 was)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team