[MPlayer-dev-eng] Next stable?

David Holm dholm at iname.com
Sun Jan 20 20:31:28 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 19:48, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
> David Holm writes:
>
> > Another thing that has been nagging me lately. I'd like to use spuenc
> > and the em8300 (dxr3/h+ processor) subpicture processor for overlays
> > when libvo2 is finished. Subpics likes to have a display duration
> > (instead of being drawn every frame). Would it be possible to implement
> > such a system for libvo2? It will save alot of cycles when using dxr3
> > cards, and will be alot easier to implement (for me).
>
> Should be doable rather easily.  But I don't have an em8300.  What
> kind of interface do you have in mind?  Currently it happens for every
> frame through libvo/vo_*/draw_osd.

I haven't looked into how osd works yet. But a good solution for me
would be to check for video flag 0x8 (which I currently use to get
subpics from dvds to pass straight on to the em8300 instead of spuenc)
and if found call a function similar to draw_alpha, but also passes a
duration for that particular overlay (timer for instance would have a
duration of 1s since it's updated once every sec). This function should
only be called once (i.e. not every frame). Timeunits should probably
not be given in seconds, standard mpeg timestamps works for me (90000Hz)
or millisecs or whatever.
This function should be called once for every object. For example, once
for timer, once for progress bar, to create two smaller overlays instead
of one big (since the progress bar is on the middle of the screen and
the timer at the top left). AFAIK the overlay processing in the em8300
can display several subpics at one time as this is the way subpics are
defined...

//David Holm